This homemade spelt banana bread is deliciously satisfying.
I recently shared my homemade spelt bread a couple of weeks ago. This past week, I had some very ripe bananas and so Emmy and I decided to experiment and came up with this yummy version of spelt banana bread.
Here’s how to make your own! It’s so easy!
Spelt Banana Bread
- 3 1/2 cups spelt flour
- 1/2 cups of rolled oats
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup sugar ( I use coconut sugar and just add 1/2 cup)
- 4 medium ripe bananas
- 1 cup of warm milk (I use either almond or pea protein milk)
- 3 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 cup of chocolate chips (optional, I use Enjoy Life)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash your bananas in a bowl. Add sugar, agave syrup, milk and mix well.
- Combine oats, spelt flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt into wet mixture.
- Mix with a spatula. Add coconut oil and chocolate chips and mix again.
- Spray your loaf or bundt pan generously with oil.
- Bake for about 40 minutes and let cool.
- Eat it warm with some coconut oil or jelly. It’s divine!
It’s perfect for Easter morning! I had to incorporate it into my Easter tablescape and snap some photos. This banana bread has a more dense consistency from your traditional banana bread recipe. It tastes so good toasted for breakfast with a cup of coffee or tea.
I made two loaves last night when we had friends over for dinner and they ate it lathered with butter. Yummm. I also love sharing it with my mom because she has diabetes and needs to stay away from conventional flour. She can eat spelt flour in moderation so she loves when I bake this because she knows some of it is coming her way.
I’ve made it with chocolate chips and without and they are both delicious. You can always modify the sugar content as well. I make it with 1/2 cup of coconut sugar but I prefer things a little less sweet.
Try it and be sure to lmk how it comes out! There’s really nothing better than homemade bread baking in your oven as told by son’s face.
Have a great start to your week, friends!
Let all that you do be done in Love. 1 Corinthians 16:14
I have included affiliate links for your convenience. Thank you for supporting the blog!