This Korean braised short ribs recipe is one of the tastiest meat dishes in Korean culture with the perfect fall off the bone flavor.
With the Olympics held in my native country of South Korea, I thought it fitting to share one of our most popular Korean dishes. It also happens to be the Lunar New Year! This Korean braised short ribs is my favorite meat dish because the meat just falls off the bone. In my recipe, I used boneless but you can’t go wrong either way. It’s super flavorful and the best part is sticking everything in the Instantpot or crockpot and letting it do most of the work.
There are variations of this meat dish but this is how I cook mine. My kids love this dish and it’s perfect with rice and some kimchi. That’s what I call a perfect Korean meal.
Here’s how to make your own.
Korean Braised Short Ribs
- 2 lbs beef chuck short ribs cut into large chunks
- 3 cups potatoes chopped into large chunks
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/3 cup sugar of choice
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- In your crockpot or Instant Pot, place all your meat and potatoes into the bowl.
- In another bowl, mix all the other ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into the meat and potatoes and make sure the marinade is mixed into the beef and potatoes.
- If you’re using an Instant Pot, put it on the manual setting for 20 minutes and sealed for high pressure release on it’s own.
- If you’re using a crock pot, cook for at least 6 hours.
- That’s it!!
Here’s a video showing you just how easy it is!
If you’ve never had Korean food, let this be your first time cooking it at home. I promise it will be a big hit.
Let all that you do be done in Love. 1 Corinthians 16:14