If you need a little sweet treat, try these healthy reese’s balls.
First of all, I want to thank you all for the most wonderful and kind messages and comments regarding my patio makeover with Home Depot. I am so grateful for each person that stops by and comments and my hope is that this is a place you can find inspiration for your home. So, thank you! Well, this recipe was born when I was scrounging around looking for a mid day treat. This happens quite a bit around here. Here’s a fun fact. I usually buy a few dark chocolate bars (preferably 85% cacoa) and I have to eat a couple of pieces every single day after lunch. If I run out at home, I’ll usually pop some dark chocolate chips in my mouth and if I have time, I’ll make these paleo almond dark chocolate or these reese’s balls. If you like peanut butter and chocolate, you need to make this 4 ingredient, healthy reese’s balls!
Here’s a little video showing you just how easy they are.
Pin this image so you can have this recipe bookmarked!
Here’s the simple recipe!
Healthy Reese’s Balls (makes about a dozen balls)
Double the recipe if you want to make more.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 5-6 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips ( I use Enjoy Life)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- In a bowl, mix the almond flour and peanut butter together. Take bits of the mixture and form into small balls using your hands.
- Place chocolate chips and coconut oil into a bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Mix and heat for another 15 seconds. Mix with fork. If it’s not completely melted, microwave for another 10 seconds but be careful as it can burn easily.
- Dunk the balls into the melted chocolate until they are fully covered. Line a tray with parchment paper and place the balls one by one.
- Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes! I recommend keeping them in a container in the fridge to keep them cool and dry.
That’s it!! These can not be any easier and they are the perfect treat to satisfy that sweet craving!!
If you try these, lmk what you think. You can also add a little sweetener like maple syrup if you want. I like them without but that’s my preference. Be sure to check out my recipes tab for many more easy dinner and dessert ideas.
Thanks for reading and happy eating, friends!
Let all that you do be done in Love. 1 Corinthians 16:14