Need a fast weeknight meal? Try this 5 ingredient simple and healthy pesto pasta.
Weeknights can be super crazy with work, kids, after school activities, homework, etc. Getting dinner on the table can be a huge stress am I right? Some days, I forget to meal plan and by dinner time, I am scrambling around the fridge trying to figure out what to serve my family. My kids love love love this recipe. It’s so stinking easy and the best part is that they can take the leftovers to school the next day which means 3 less sandwiches I have to pack! This 5 ingredient simple and healthy pesto pasta makes a delicious weeknight dinner.
Here’s what you need to make this easy 5 ingredient simple and healthy pesto pasta salad.
5 Ingredient Simple and Healthy Pesto Pasta
- 7 tbsp of pesto of your choice
- 12 oz box of pasta
- 2 cups of sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 can of olives sliced
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella diced or pearls
- Boil the pasta according to the directions and let cool.
- Throw your pasta into a large bowl and add the pesto and mix thoroughly. You can also add additional olive oil if your heart desires.
- Combine the tomatoes, mozzarella and olives into the pasta.
- You can season it with salt, pepper and garnish with basil. The pesto has enough garlic and seasonings but you can add it according to your own preference.
How easy is that right? It’s delicious and the perfect meal to throw together without the fuss and headache because who needs either of those.
My kids love this dish and I love it because it’s so stinking easy! You can also modify this dish and add more or less ingredients. Add more of what you love.
Lmk if you decide to make this 5 Ingredient Simple and Healthy Pesto Pasta. I hope it becomes an easy staple in your home. For less carbs, you can also make it with Banza (chickpea) pasta or zoodles (zucchini noodles).
Thanks for reading and happy eating, friends!
Let all that you do be done in Love. 1 Corinthians 16:14