Take your oatmeal a notch or two higher and make these chocolate overnight oats.
Now that the kids are back in school, our mornings have gotten a little, okay a LOT busier. To make our mornings run more smooth, I try to plan out breakfast ahead of time. These chocolate overnight oats are not only delicious and healthy, they are extremely convenient!
It is officially our new favorite way to eat oatmeal. It’s like eating chocolate for breakfast. Okay, I guess you are technically eating chocolate for breakfast but the great thing is that cocoa powder has no sugar and is high in anti-oxidants. See, you NEED to be eating chocolate in the mornings.
Here’s how to make your own chocolate overnight oats. I like to use mason jars but any sealed containers will work.
CHOCOLATE OVERNIGHT OATS
- Add 1/3 cup of oats
- Pour 1/3 cup of any kind of milk
- Mix in 1/3 cup of your favorite yogurt
- Scoop 1/2 – 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- Add in all your favorite fruits
- Mix all together, seal and place in fridge!
- Optional: add agave or maple syrup for added sweetness if you want. Yogurt usually has enough sugar so I omit this unless I use plain yogurt
Here are some of my favorite toppings.
- berries (I even use frozen blueberries and they are fine the next day)
- sliced almonds
- peanut powder
- chia seeds
That’s it! Breakfast has never been easier. Plus, I feel good about feeding something nutritious and filling for my family before a very full day. If you make this chocolate overnight oats recipe, be sure to share it with me!
Here’s a video that shows step by step instructions!
Thank you for reading! I’ll be sharing my office reveal soon. I had not planned on working on that space but I’m so happy I did. If you missed my huge bookcase makeover, you can read it about here.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Let all that you do be done in Love. 1 Corinthians 16:14