Ready to try the best 5 ingredient chicken salad you’ve ever had?
Hi friends! I hope you had a wonderful Labor Day weekend. Today, I wanted to share a recipe that has been on major repeat in the Min household. This awesome chicken salad! Chicken salad can be made so many different ways but this is by far my favorite way to eat it. All you need are a few simple ingredients and you have an easy, healthy and delicious lunch on your hands. Here’s how to make the best 5 ingredient chicken salad at home.
Best 5 Ingredient Chicken Salad
- 4 cups of chopped rotisserie chicken
- 3 or more tbsp of avocado mayo or mayo of your choice
- 2 tbsp of chopped fresh dill
- 2 cups of sliced grapes
- 1 cup chopped and toasted walnuts
- Chop up your chicken and add it to the bowl along with the sliced grapes.
- I toast my walnuts in my toaster oven. Be careful because they can burn easily so make sure to keep an eye on them. Add them to the bowl.
- Rinse your dill and chop it up. I put 2 tbsp but sometimes I like to add another tbsp. It adds a nice tart flavor and is a great contrast with the sweet grapes.
- Add at least 2 tbsp of mayo. I am really digging avocado mayo lately and if I want it creamier, I just add more to my liking.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and it’s ready for consumption.
The best thing about this recipe is that it can easily be modified. If you want it creamier, add more mayo. If you want it chunkier, add more chicken. If you hate walnuts, try sliced almonds. If you don’t like the taste of dill, you can add dried tarragon which is also delicious in chicken salad. This is just my favorite version and I hope you enjoy it too!
I have been eating this on repeat for over a week and I love it with tortilla chips. You can make a wrap, eat it on a bed of greens and they are great served in between croissants for parties. It’s pretty delicious as is too! I ate it straight out of the tupperware today while writing up this post. 😀
If you try this recipe, lmk what you think! I’ve added a video to show you just how simple it.
Here’s to happy healthy eating!
Let all that you do be done in Love. 1 Corinthians 16:14