I’m so happy to share these simple tips on how to style your shelves with confidence.
One of my favorite things to decorate are shelves. I love built ins, book shelves, cabinet shelves and floating shelves. You name it. I love it. I especially love changing out the decor and giving it a fresh new look. If you have a bookcase or shelves in your home that you’re struggling to decorate, here are some simple tips on how to style your shelves with confidence.
A while back, I shared some tips on how to style shelves. Today, I wanted to add a video because sometimes, I find them more helpful than just photos. I also shared these tips on Instastories last week for my design series called, “You Got Style.” Every Thursday, I team up with a few of my blogger friends and we share simple design tips and ideas. The series is designed to help readers gain confidence discovering their style and to have fun with decorating and just go for it. If you missed any of those videos, they are saved on my profile highlights. This week, we will be sharing videos on how to paint furniture! You don’t want to miss it!
Here are some of the tips I shared when it comes to decorating shelves. With this particular shelf, I decided to change things up and I styled it around my blue and white plate souvenir. I purchased this handmade clay plate when I was studying abroad in Spain. It’s from southern Spain and this particular region called Córdoba is known for these gorgeous plates. I guess my love for blue and white started many many years ago.
- Books: Books add height so you can add objects on top. I love to take the cover off the books so that the original hardback spines are showing. I used the same color scheme on this shelf. Look for books at garage and estate sales because they are cheap!
- Photos or Art: Don’t be shy when displaying family photos. Shelves are the perfect place to show them. I love adding art in the background too behind interesting objects.
- Vintage items/ souvenirs: Add interesting or personal objects that have meaning or tell a story.
- Diff size objects: Be sure to mix objects with varying heights. It creates balance.
- Faux/Real Plants: Greenery always add life. I never decorate without them.
- Nature/Texture: Some examples are wooden beads, driftwood, baskets, etc
Here are some other examples of shelves that I’ve styled. You don’t have to follow every tip for every book shelf but these are just some ways to style them.
I hope these ideas gave you some inspiration as you decorate your own shelves. Be sure to pin any images to save for future reference and you can follow me on Pinterest for more ideas.
Thanks for reading!
Let all that you do be done in Love. 1 Corinthians 16:14
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience.